Echo & Alexa Forums

voice remote with fire hd 10

tony

voice remote with fire hd 10
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:00:54 am »
i have the fire hd 10 with alexa and have it connected to my hifi via bluetooth but when the volume is high alexa doesnt hear me will the alexa voice remote work with the fire hd 10.

Re: voice remote with fire hd 10
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:14:13 pm »
I have a firehd 10 too and there is not a setting for it so I will assume it will not work.  if you have a regular echo device, you will notice there is a setting for remotes.  I tend to keep the fire and other echo devices across the room from the connected bt speakers so it will hear better. 

tony

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 02:49:57 pm »
ok ty its saved me a bit of money as i was going to buy one hoping it would work ive searched all over net and wasnt able to to find any info so im happy i have found this forum  :)

BOZ

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:38:00 am »
It does not work as a voice remote as it does for devices.

I have one hooked up to my 3rd gen dot, works great.

I tried to connect to both an hd 10 and an hd 8, that I grabbed at black friday, there is not currently the corresponding connection process as seen on the dot, in the tablets listing in the app.

I was able to use the "regular" bluetooth scan process to get the remote to connect to the tablets, by holding the start stop button for 5 seconds while the tablet scanned, the bluetooth scan could see it and pair, but it was linked as a keyboard or weird input device and the buttons did not correspond to their function, but acted as some other key presses instead, mic button was space bar, start stop seemed to be tab and so on, so useless for the intended purpose.

tony

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:29:52 am »
so hopefully in a later alexa software update