Echo & Alexa Forums

WiFi Connection Problem Echo Won't Connect - Dots Connect OK

Willits

WiFi Connection Problem Echo Won't Connect - Dots Connect OK
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:53:23 am »
I have an original Echo and 2 Dots. 

All were connected to a Netgear R7000 router and all were working fine until September.   

The Echo lost its WiFi connection and would not reconnect to the router.   I get Error code 13:1:9:22:4 and occasionally a failed to register message. 

The Dots will connect to this same network fine.  To make sure, I connected the Dots to a different network and then back to the first and they register with no problems.

I hooked up another router (Netgear R6400) and the Echo connects to its WiFi with no issues.

It would appear there is a router setting which effects the Echo but not the Dots.

So far, I have done the following without any change:

•   Forgot the WiFi networks and tried to connect re-entering the passwords
•   Reset the echo with a paper clip
•   Deregistered the echo and started a new setup

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter

Offline jwlv

Re: WiFi Connection Problem Echo Won't Connect - Dots Connect OK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 04:50:18 pm »
Whenever you get an error code like that, you have to call Amazon support to fix the issue.

In the past, other forum members have reported similar error codes with different numbers. The issues ranged from moving to a country that Amazon did not officially support on the Alexa platform, to buying a used Echo device and the original owner reported lost/stolen. In any case, you have to talk to Amazon support. Some issues can be resolved very quickly (within a few minutes) after talking to Amazon support.

Willits

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 05:03:47 am »
Thanks for suggestion.   

I contacted Amazon support and after repeating all the things I have already done they said they can’t help.

Amazon will give $25 credit towards and new one if I send the old back to them.  So I’ll probably do that.  Since the Dots are also 2nd generation I would expect the 2nd generation Echo would also work. 

Peter

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:29 am »
did you try doing an online search for that error code?  if not give it a try,  I did it and found several possible solutions other than what you already mentioned.