Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa wont delete or amend events in Google Calendar

chris40taylor

Alexa wont delete or amend events in Google Calendar
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
Hi. I took delivery of my third generation echo dot today. I have been working out, and learning how best to use it, especially for my calendar. One of the main things I learnt was that she cannot read events that were created on other calendars, but may be linked to a Google calendar.

The problem I am having is that Alexa will not delete, or edit an event that I created in my google calendar. I have disconnected my Samsung calendar to be sure. When I say 'move my such and such event to another day, or ask her to change the time etc, she always replies by saying "currently this calendar query is not supported".

Now it could be that I am doing something simple incorrectly, but she is not much good to me if she can't do simple commands such as this.

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Chris

chris40taylor

Re: Alexa wont delete or amend events in Google Calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:51:26 pm »
I have just been on the phone for 40 minutes with a lovely lady who was trying her best to help.
Unfortunately it transpires that the issue is that here in the UK we cannot currently amend or delete events that we have created. It must be a legal thing as I thought all the servers would be in the US anyway??

Oh well, if anyone has any other ideas then please share them.

Thank you.

Re: Alexa wont delete or amend events in Google Calendar
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 11:56:14 am »
I have just been on the phone for 40 minutes with a lovely lady who was trying her best to help.
Unfortunately it transpires that the issue is that here in the UK we cannot currently amend or delete events that we have created. It must be a legal thing as I thought all the servers would be in the US anyway??

Oh well, if anyone has any other ideas then please share them.

Thank you.

I was able to do it. First I had to change the default calendar in the Alexa app. Then after I deleted the event, I had to refresh my Google calendar to see it. Not sure about changing an event but think it is the same.