Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo issues

Echo issues
« on: November 27, 2019, 02:25:08 pm »
So I have an echo plus, x2 spots and a dot. I also have x4 of the Philips Hue bulbs. Everything worked fine for a year. I could turn the lights on and off and dim and brighten them.

I recently bought an Echo Show 8.

Thatís where it went wrong. I moved the Echo Plus to another room and replaced it with the show. I first asked the show to turn all the lights off and on again, which she did. I then tried two of the four lights and Alexa told me that wasnít supported with that device. When I tried to dim the lights she told me that action wasnít supported.

I went to the room with the Plus in and all the lights worked both on and off as well as dimming.

So I disabled the echo plus and the app showed that all my lights were unreachable. I reenabled and they worked again. I then removed the lights and de-registered the echo plus. I then re-added the echo plus and tried to readd the lights. I turned the first light off and on again, to put it into searchable mode. Now my echo devices cannot find anything.

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 06:58:13 pm »
The Echo Plus has a hub built in. That's what all of your light bulbs connect to. Without the hub, none of your light bulbs will work. That said, your Echo Plus should be in a central location, preferably near the center of your house.

The Echo Dot, Spot, and Show 8 do not have a hub built in. Your Hue lights probably came with a hub if you bought it as a kit. The Philips hub is better than what's built in to the Echo Plus. If you have the Philips hub, you should use it.