Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot as an alarm, question.

james1758

Echo dot as an alarm, question.
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:35:59 am »
Hi all,

If I buy an echo dot it'll be my first alexa. But I have a question first if anyone can help  :)

Basically, I’m thinking of buying an echo dot instead of using my iPhone alarm – as sometimes I forget to re-set the next day’s alarm in the evening (or sometimes it runs out of battery!).

Let’s say I have an alarm set for 6.45AM every weekday. It goes off in the morning and I say "Alexa, turn off" (instead of "Alexa, snooze"). I understand that this will turn off that days alarm. Question: Does this then turn off all alarms for the rest of the week? Or, will the "Alexa, turn off" command literally just turn off that day’s alarm with the rest of the weeks alarms not being affected?

I’m hoping with the echo dot I'll no longer have to worry about re-setting the next days alarm.

Essentially, will the command "Alexa, turn off" just turn off that day's alarm, leaving the rest of the week's alarms unaffected?

Apologies if a silly question, I just need to check before I buy.

Many thanks
James

Laurel

Re: Echo dot as an alarm, question.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 01:47:14 pm »
Hi James I don't use my Alexa devices as an alarm, but I know from other routines that I have set that if you say "alarm off" it won't erase the routine that you have set up to be awakened each day at a certain time. You would have to go into the app or website to delete the alarm routine to have it disappear.

Re: Echo dot as an alarm, question.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:38:55 pm »
when the alarm goes off, just say "alexa stop" 

unless things have changed, and they do with alexa, you have to go into the app to manage your alarms once set.