Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

DOT 3 UK - cordless 'wake' button - replace 'wake' word with pocket button

Hi - I really dont like having to continually wake device by endlessly repeating a 'wake' word

Anyone come up with an easy way to make the 'wake' button, cordless? - I know there is a large voice remote, however I would much prefer an Amazon Dash button type solution

This way, assuming there is a minimised 'wake' delay when button is triggered (compared with slightly annoying voice command delay) you can virtually chat, in a much more relaxed style to Alexa - be more impressive to friends with little Alexa experience.

I imagine the control is part of the main PCB so not easily physically hacked, however there must be a s/w solution? - failing anything simple, then I could simply mount an r/c nano servo over button, such that the arm sweep gives one cycle per remote button press (electrically bridging the terminals would be more satisfying and neat

I also wish to make it portable by adding a rechargeable base - I contacted the main manuf and they dont have a 3rd gen in development.

Any ideas / lateral thinking? - I am a nuts and bolts man, not a coder - so keep it simple :)