Echo & Alexa Forums

Stop after reminder

Faceblind

Stop after reminder
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:26:17 am »
Hi all, bit of a newby question here. When I have set a reminder, and I being reminded, I can't seem to come up with a command to acknowledge and stop the reminder. Certainly "Alexa stop" doesn't do it, and things like "Alexa cancel the reminder" result in her telling me that there are no current reminders. She stops of her own accord, but if she's interrupting music I'd like to stop her as soon as I hear the reminder. I tried thanking her, but that doesn't work either. I assume the answer to this is well known ... and I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks!

asianrocker

Re: Stop after reminder
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 01:19:48 am »
You can't do it right now as far as I know. But the reminder function I believe needs that.

I also didn't like that it is not as loud as the alarm.

It only repeats twice and stops on its own which I think is lame. It needs to be repeated coz most people will miss it if they are not beside the device.

The accompanying messaging function is also a hit or miss. It doesn't message me Everytime.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:56:52 pm »
you should be able to say "alexa, stop"' to stop the reminder. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/309783/how-to-set-reminders-on-the-amazon-echo/

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 11:59:06 pm »
That's an old article. I always use reminder so what I said previously is how it works now.

If in fact a year ago you can stop it then I don't know why they changed it.

The old article also said you can't cancel it via voice. I believe you can do it now.