Echo & Alexa Forums

Absolute Radio.

Absolute Radio.
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:24:21 am »
Hi.

So I have been listening to Absolute radio on the 2nd gen echo, but, I wondered if we are able to log in somehow as we can on the PC / Tablet / Mobile so we get fewer adds and interruptions, and also so we can specify which section of the station we want to listen to, EG 80's, 70's etc.

At the moment it just plays the standard part of the station.

Surely there must be a way around this? Is there a skill that can be downloaded and enabled on the PC then activated on the echo itself?

Many thanks for any suggestions/ideas.
I love technology . . . . When it works

AlanH

Re: Absolute Radio.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:17 am »
If you search for “Absolute Radio” within the Skills section of the Alexa app, you should see around 7 Absolute skills - one for each of the Absolute stations. I can also ask “Alexa, play Absolute Radio 70s from TuneIn” and that works for me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:37:18 am by AlanH »

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:47:40 am »
Thanks Alan.

Please excuse the long delay for the thanks.

As per my original request though, is there a way of signing in via our tablet or the Alexa app on the PC so we are signed in on Alexa when listening to Absolute radio so fewer adds come on?

Many thanks.
I love technology . . . . When it works

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:27:07 am »
I don’t think that would be possible. The Absolute Radio Network is available on several platforms but they’re all essentially the same commercial stations. If you listened on DAB you would hear the same ads and songs as you’re hearing when you’re streaming - one of the drawbacks of commercial radio  :(
https://absoluteradio.co.uk/listen/