Echo & Alexa Forums

Voice Profiles live in UK

StevenR

Voice Profiles live in UK
« on: November 07, 2018, 02:36:55 am »
Voice Profiles are now live in the UK. You need to go to Settings > Alexa Account > Recognised Voices in the Alexa app (you can't do this in the mobile app from what I can tell) and you will prompted to consent to the creation of a profile and then start the learning process on one of your devices.
It advises you to mute nearby devices, which is a good idea since some of the phrases used for learning your voice are like "Alexa, order item" or "Echo, call person" (it alternates between the different wake words in the phrases) and you wouldn't want a failure in ESP to result in another device acting on them.

AlanH

Re: Voice Profiles live in UK
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 03:42:54 am »
Thanks for the update. Interestingly, both my iPhone and iPad have the option to create a Voice Profile via the devices.

Set up a profile via my iPad - only took a couple of minutes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:32:48 am by AlanH »

thrilljunkieuk

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:25:28 pm »
I've set mine up but not really sure what it does? I'm guessing it ties in with Amazon Household?
However I can now ask "Echo, Who am I?" and it responds with my name.

I'm guessing this will become an important feature in the future. For example you could set it up so that only certain family members can access voice purchasing, and you could stop the kids filling your shopping list with anything and everything. Just a thought?

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »
There are a few supported features already (scroll to bottom of page), but I'm sure this will grow in the future.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_bc_nav?ie=UTF8&nodeId=202199440