Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Poll

What is your Echo's name?

Alexa
Amazon
Echo
More than one name

Offline jwlv

« on: March 27, 2016, 07:32:11 pm »
Just a quick informal poll about what you call your Echo?

Echo can be addressed by three names: Alexa, Amazon, or Echo. Which one do you use?
I realize there are people who have more than one Echo. And they could use a different name for each one. So the fourth option is "more than one name."

Re: What is your Echo's name?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 11:16:24 pm »
My Echo is named Alexa.  BTW, why does your forum spell checker always flag Alexa as being incorrect?  You probably know how to correct this.

Problem is, I have a Dot and Tap on the way, so this past week I gave Amazon app feedback asking them to have new names ready for their two new devices; basically said to get off the dime and get on the ball, Amazon.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:21:29 am »
I use lexa

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:31:02 am »
my wife calls her my b*tch

Offline ACE

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 11:07:19 am »
my wife calls her my b*tch
That's funny, my wife says she is my Girlfriend :)

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:44:50 pm »
Wow.. must be a wife thing about a Alexa being my girlfriend..... I get the same.  Of course I say it's the only women in the house that listens to me anyways!!! :)

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 01:48:31 am »
More than one because I have two within earshot and both control some of the same devices, but mostly different smarthome devices/responders.