Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Dash Wand not showing up in APP

AlexaNurse

Alexa Dash Wand not showing up in APP
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:27:37 pm »
My dash wand is connected and working, but does not show up in my android app. When I try to connect directly via the app, the Dash does not even show up as a selection to add??  Have to connect via web app. Anyone else have this issue?

Re: Alexa Dash Wand not showing up in APP
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:20:23 pm »

AlexaNurse

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:16:23 am »
Yes, I followed directions. Have connected successfully in the past. The device is connected now and I can use it, but cannot see it in my phone app (which I updated to latest app) and cannot add smarthome functionality which i should be able to do but it says I have to do that in the app..but I do not see the dash wand in the app :-(

AlexaNurse

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 03:44:40 pm »
Figured it out. I have 2 Amazon Shopping accounts. Had to disconnect it from one to place it on the other. ::)

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:54:45 pm »
Figured it out. I have 2 Amazon Shopping accounts. Had to disconnect it from one to place it on the other. ::)

glad you figured it out  :-)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 02:15:20 am »
I'm glad you figured it out. That's usually the case when someone expects a certain service (e.g. Prime, Music Unlimited, etc.) and it's not on their account. Somewhere along the ride, they made two different accounts or their Echo is registered to a particular country and they're using it in a different country. Apparently using the same login account on Amazon.co.uk is different than Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, or any other regional Amazon site.