Echo & Alexa Forums

Sorry something went wrong is what Alexa keeps telling me..

dbunch304

Sorry something went wrong is what Alexa keeps telling me..
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:41:14 am »
So I changed Alexa's name to "Echo" this morning via the phone app..

Now when I say echo, it just says Sorry something went wrong.

I have a network connection, because I have changed it back to Alexa via the phone app.

I have tried powering on and off the device, but nothing seems to fix it.

All I have to say is the name and it says   "Sorry, something went wrong"

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:47:58 am by dbunch304 »

Trapdoor

Re: Sorry something went wrong is what Alexa keeps telling me..
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:55:19 pm »
Downdetector is showing lots of issues particularly with Echo Show and mine is doing the “sorry, something went wrong” thing at the moment. My spots and dot are working (or were).

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 02:28:44 pm »
Fox News reports:
"Users are reporting that Amazon Echo devices and the voice-controlled personal assistant service Alexa  aren't working, according to downdetector.com and social media.

According to the outage map on Down Detector, Amazon's Alexa voice assistant wasn't working in various parts of the U.S., Europe and India. The issue seems to be concentrated on the East Coast.

According to the reports, the Amazon devices aren't responding to commands and only respond "Sorry, something went wrong." Users even tried resetting the devices and their internet to no avail. Newsweek is reportingthat the issue may be server related.

The outage may even be device-specific as some people reported that certain Amazon Echo devices were working and others weren't. Comments on the website showed that people were having issues with various generations of the following devices: Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Echo Spot and Amazon Echo Show."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:30:17 pm by jwlv »

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 10:24:41 pm »
I had the same happen with a Show and a Dot- a couple of minutes later everything was fine.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 01:16:38 pm »
Ditto

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 05:00:23 pm »
I missed most of it.  the only issue I had was it did not say okay after doing the command.  when I got home from work it was all okay again  :-)

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 05:59:55 pm »
It was a momentary glitch not even worth mentioning.  For a short while I got this message when I tried to play some tunein stations.  I asked Alexa to play music from my server via Plex.  It worked.  After five minutes I tried tunein again and all was well.

dbunch304

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 08:52:59 am »
Thanks everyone for your responses...

Yea mine finally came back.
It was just a coincidence that I changed the name from Alexa to Echo...

I thought there might be an amazon issue since all my web searches were hits back earlier this year when it went down for a bit...

Thanks for the downdetector info..    I'll have to check that the next time I have an issue...