Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Bootloop but only when Idle?

Offline dro

Bootloop but only when Idle?
« on: October 16, 2018, 03:37:35 pm »
I have a 1st gen echo (the taller black one with no volume buttons, just the dial) and recently it started boot looping. It does the blue rings for a bit, then says "HELLO" at full volume.

Once it starts up, I can ask it to play music.. and it works fine. It will play music all night long (until amazon decides to stop, maybe 2 hours?) - and as soon as it's idle, or after a short time, it will start boot looping and saying HELLO (at full volume) in the middle of the night.

So.. I pressed and held the button with a bobby pin for 2 minutes or so...  got it to reset. It became unregistered from my account and I had to re-register it.. and the problem persisted.

What can I do!?

Re: Bootloop but only when Idle?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:20:22 pm »
sounds like it is losing power.  have you checked your power connections?   is it plugged into the wall or power strip/surge protector?

Offline dro

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:28:06 am »
I'm using the standard issue ac adapter plugged into the wall and I've tried multiple outlets.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »
next time it happens, check to see if the echo is getting hot.  could be a heat issue.