Echo & Alexa Forums

Lost in Alexaland

BlueDog

Lost in Alexaland
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:48:49 am »
I keep adding Alexa and Alexa enabled devices and Amazon services without knowing what I am doing.  This is quickly turning into a dysfunctional hairball and I am not sure where to turn to gain the understanding I need to set everything up right and get the most out of it.

This is what I have:

Location Independant: iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, HP Windows laptop.

Location 1: Fire Edition Toshiba TV, Sonos Beam (under TV), Sonos One (kitchen), Nest Thermostat

Location 2: Echo, Echo Dot

Services: Prime, Prime Video, Prime Music Unlimited

Music Unlimited does not seem to be available on all devices.  The two sonos products do not seem to be aware of each other.  The beam does not seem to be TV aware apart from seamlessly playing sound.  The TV seems to be better controlled using the fire remote but that can cause conflicts as well.

FWIIW, we have three other (non-Alexa Enabled) Sonos speakers in Location 1.

Offline jwlv

Re: Lost in Alexaland
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »
I don't have many of the devices that you stated so I can't comment on how to fix those issues. But I can probably help you out with Amazon Music Unlimited.

There are different Amazon Music Unlimited subscriptions. There are four plans: Individual, Family, Single Device, and Student.
Individual plan: 1 device at a time. You can use multiple devices, just not at the same time. Using 2 devices in stereo is considered 2 devices.
Family plan: Up to 6 devices at the same time.
Single device (sometimes called Echo plan): Locked to only 1 device. You cannot change to another device.
Student: Same as individual plan, but with a discount for college students.

Make sure you are on the correct plan for how you intend to use the service in your home.
To see what your current plan is, go to https://www.amazon.com/music/settings/