Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Auto for your car

Offline jwlv

Echo Auto for your car
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:40:09 am »

This is the new Echo Auto for your car. It's by invitation only for now and the intro price is $25 (regular price will be $50). I've signed up weeks ago but have not heard anything more. Has anyone else heard anything more about this?

Amazon is very tight-lipped about it. The only info I got was "Emails for invited participants will begin arriving later this year." And when Amazon says later this year, it usually means it can be any time from today to who knows when.

If anyone does get the email invitation to buy one, please let the rest of us know!

Here's the link if you haven't signed up yet:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753K4CWG

(Feels like a few years ago when the 1st Echo came out and was by invitation only)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:52:57 am by jwlv »

Laurel

Re: Echo Auto for your car
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:33:10 am »
I indicated to Amazon that we are interesting in getting the invitation.  I'll let you know if we get an invitation to buy. I think we could as I have so many Alexa devices lol. 

Offline kenf

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 12:33:51 pm »
we signed up for invites as well.  And now we wait...

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:09:06 pm »
I signed up first day as well... still no word. I think they indicated by the end of the year... Can't remember now.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Twilby

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:20 pm »
Still waiting for my invitation. Meanwhile it is not clear to me how it will make the Bluetooth connection to the car. It could either have its own Bluetooth connection or it could use the existing Bluetooth connection from the smartphone that it is connected to. I am hoping for the latter (smartphone) because Mercedes requires a specific pin code that can not be used with an echo dot so if the echo auto is making the Bluetooth connection directly then probably the same disappointment. Anybody can confirm either way?

Offline kenf

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 09:46:05 am »
I don't know about Echo Auto doing bluetooth to the car stereo (it probably can), but the description I read of the product was that it does BT to your phone for internet, and audio cable from itself to the car stereo.

thrilljunkieuk

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 01:19:40 pm »
I've signed up for invitation but something tells me this will only be available in U.S

Must admit I'm really excited about this new product but a little concerned that since the announcement there has been nothing further.

Personally I have my doubt's if we'll see anything before the end of the year.  :(

LuvAlexa

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 09:29:24 pm »
Add another one here who signed up the first day and hasn't heard anything back. I backed a Kickstarter campaign last year for a device called DashBot that was supposed to have Alexa capability. They were looking for 49.00 for the device, had a goal of raising $100,000, raised $265,331 and then took the money and ran. This was the second Kickstarter project I got burned on. Never again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoQmI9qNOog

Twilby

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 02:06:37 pm »
Still waiting for my invitation. Keen to find out whether the bluetooth connection to the car stereo is via the Phone App or direct from the echo device. It is not possible to connect an echo dot to the bluetooth in my 2016 Mercedes because the pairing requires a specific pin code (not 0000 or 1234) generated by the Mercedes. I am hoping that the bluetooth connection is from the phone (which of course works), or, that the Alexa App for the Echo Auto has been updated to allow entry of a pairing pin. Anybody know for sure?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 02:28:58 pm »
I'm fairly sure that there will be 2 bluetooth connections. One for Bluetooth tethering to connect to the internet through your phone. The second will be for bluetooth audio in your car. From what I've read, the audio can also be connected via an AUX cord.