Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa not finding songs on spotify

nrc5

Alexa not finding songs on spotify
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:17:42 pm »
Hi all.

First post. Think right section but happy to relocate if not.

I'm having trouble with getting Alexa to play certain bands on Spotify.

I know for a fact that they are on spotify, and can locate them manually using the spotify app. However, im asking Alexa to find them using the same term I searched for on spotify and she keeps telling me she cant find music by so-and-so artist. Usually she has recognized the correct artist I've asked for so I cannot understand why she could not find them.

I'm guessing others have had this issue. How did you go about getting Alexa to find stuff?

One example is I am trying to get her to play music by the band HIM. If I ask for the band, she seems to think i am asking for "The Hymns" despite very clearly not saying "The". She also cannot find any albums or specific songs when i ask for them instead of the artist.

There are a number of other bands which she is not finding either. Most frustrating.

renard

Re: Alexa not finding songs on spotify
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:50:55 pm »
I am also having this problem. I can ask for a particular piece of music or song which I know is on Spotify -  I have listened to it through my PC. But Alexa says, "I cannot find xxx "
Needless to say, Spotify is set as default music on Alexa.
PLEASE does anyone have the answer to this?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:13:10 pm »
what is the exact command you are giving asking for the specific music?

renard

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 01:09:09 pm »
I say (for example), "Alexa, play Richard Rodger's Victory at Sea".  She replies that she can't find it - but it is in my Spotify library.  This happens with many items which are in my library.
I know the device is linked to Spotify, because it will play many other songs, music etc from Spotify. It also 'cannot find' many other well-known classical pieces.