Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Routine with smart bulb - intermittent

Routine with smart bulb - intermittent
« on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:14 pm »
Hi all

Newbie here  :)

I’ll get straight to the point. I have a dot and 6 GU10 smart bulbs by Lohas in my living room. Up until this weekend I only had 2 bulbs (to test performance) and the worked fine, so I bought 4 more.

Since then, when invoking a routine to dim or brighten the lights, 1 or 2 bulbs don’t behave properly.

For example, I have a routine to ‘bright’ lights which sets all 6 bulbs to ‘cool’ and 100% brightness. 1 or 2 bulbs will turn on but be ‘warm’ and dull. When I say the command again, the 1 or 2 bulbs then go to the correct settings.

It doesn’t happen all the time, and never happened before I had 6.

So what’s happening? Too many commands in a routine?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Re: Routine with smart bulb - intermittent
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:24:26 pm »
is it always the same bulb?

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:37:16 pm »
is it always the same bulb?

Same one or two, yeah. But they work properly the second time.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:14:19 pm »
then try changing the position within the routine. 

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:13 pm »
then try changing the position within the routine.

I’ve tried putting a delay in between each set of bulbs. For example, front 2 bulbs turn on, Alexa says ‘front’. This is repeated 3 times until all are on.

This was working well earlier but I’ve just tried it now and a different bulb turned on but not at the right brightness.

Any ideas?