Echo & Alexa Forums

Looking to purchase an Echo. Should I wait for V2 to come out??

leehop71

Re: Looking to purchase an Echo. Should I wait for V2 to come out??
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »
For the record, I never claimed that Bose Sounlink Mini was a better speaker than so and so. All I said was that I, personally, have never heard a bluetooth speaker, that size, that sounds better than the mini to MY ears.

IF I didn't believe that, I would just run the music through the Echo and save myself $99.95.

Mike has the Bose mini, I believe, and I'm looking forward to his review of the Tap and it's sound.

DParker

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 11:19:41 pm »
You cant order the Dot unless you have an Echo. Amazon does not currently allow anyone, including Prime members, to order the Dot through the website. Its strictly through the Echo as of right now

Whether or not non-Echo-owning Prime members can order a Dot now, I'm not sure.  But I do know that, contrary to what the Dot promotion says, you can order one directly from the website rather than through an Echo...because I've done exactly that.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/04/want-the-echo-dot-heres-how-to-bypass-amazons-restrictions-and-order-one-today/

Offline jwlv

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 12:47:32 am »
That workaround to order the Dot through the IOS Amazon app was fixed a few days after it was discovered. It was highly publicized through several media outlets and Amazon fixed the bug almost immediately.
So right now, there is only one way to order the Dot.

You have to order it by voice through the Echo or Fire TV.

Direct quote from Amazon:
"Available Exclusively from Alexa. Echo Dot is available in limited quantities and exclusively for Prime members through Alexa Voice Shopping. To order your Echo Dot, use your Amazon Echo or Amazon Fire TV and just ask:"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:51:03 am by jwlv »

DParker

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:23 am »
Oddly enough, I ordered a Dot directly from the website via my desktop browser using a link forwarded to me by someone I know.  Another workaround, it seems, as I can no longer access that page.

eneisch

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 11:02:30 am »
Before they closed the iOS loophole I tried to order a Dot from the Amazon app on my iPhone.  It added it to my cart and gave me a delivery date at the end of May 2016.  Cancelled the order and bought a regular Echo (since I didn't own one yet).  Moral of the story: If you want a Dot, you're going to have to wait regardless of how you order it.

mike27oct

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 01:56:53 pm »
>>>  Its strictly through the Echo as of right now

I stand corrected, I do remember ordering it this way.  Good for you for catching this.

mike27oct

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

Mike has the Bose mini, I believe, and I'm looking forward to his review of the Tap and it's sound.

I have a mini BT speaker alright, but it is the Mini Jambox by Jawbone.  I actually did not select it, wife did for a B-day present for me. I later bought one for daughter, after comparing the mini speakers at store, as it was clearly the best bang for the buck. (Some other MINI speakers sounded better, but not for the money spent.)