Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo and LG OLED TV with ThinIQ

jerryoster

Echo and LG OLED TV with ThinIQ
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:17:32 pm »
I recently obtained a 2018 LG 65" OLED TV with ThinIQ technology.  I followed all the steps, both on the Alexa APP and ThinIQ APP to pair and register the devices so I could use Alexa to control some of the TV functions.  The pairing seems to have worked, but I can only use the voice command to turn the TV "OFF." Any other instructions are answered by "Bedroom TV does not respond."Is this an issue with one of the apps, or am I doing something wrong?  Has anyone been successful with this and used Alexa to control the TV? 

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo and LG OLED TV with ThinIQ
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
I have an LG TV and I've found that the ThinQ and the rest of their "smart" tech is just barely useable. I've disabled all of the "smart" features on my LG TV. And LG doesn't seem to care about making it any better. Just look up some of the reviews on all their devices with ThinQ. It's basically crap.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:54:09 pm by jwlv »

jerryoster

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
Yes, most of the tech talk seems to support that it won't work, regardless of the hype!

Kwarendorf

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:02:17 am »
I can't get Alexa to to work with my $1,800 LG ThinQ TV either. I recently spent 45 minutes on the phone with "Level 1" and "Level 2" LG support. They ended up saying it was an Amazon issue and told me to call them.