Echo & Alexa Forums

Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?

Strahan

Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »
Hi.  Is there any way to adjust mic sensitivity or manage ESP settings?  I saw someone asked two years ago but to no avail, was hoping maybe in that time a method was found.  My upstairs Echos are in my living room, bathroom, hallway, bedroom, and office.  I can be standing 3 feet from the LR echo and say "alexa, (whatever)" and down the hall the thermostat Echo will reply.  I disabled the mic on that one.  Now the bathroom one will grab it sometimes.  I keep that door shut.  That fixed it, but it's still really aggravating that I have to.  I thought ESP was supposed to have the Echo with the strongest read on your voice handle the command.  I find it hard to believe the bathroom down the hall had a better read than the one three feet from me lol.

stuartkenney

Re: Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:49 pm »
Agree! So Annoying! The hoops we are willing to jump through...

+1 Please Help Amazon!

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:06:40 am »
Use different wake words for the conflicting devices. I have a Spot and Echo in the kitchen using “Echo” and “Alexa” as the respective wake words.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
the best you can do is to change echo locations.  it happens to me sometimes since I have three in a very small apartment.  I had to move one further into a room for it to stop.