Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?

Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »
Hi.  Is there any way to adjust mic sensitivity or manage ESP settings?  I saw someone asked two years ago but to no avail, was hoping maybe in that time a method was found.  My upstairs Echos are in my living room, bathroom, hallway, bedroom, and office.  I can be standing 3 feet from the LR echo and say "alexa, (whatever)" and down the hall the thermostat Echo will reply.  I disabled the mic on that one.  Now the bathroom one will grab it sometimes.  I keep that door shut.  That fixed it, but it's still really aggravating that I have to.  I thought ESP was supposed to have the Echo with the strongest read on your voice handle the command.  I find it hard to believe the bathroom down the hall had a better read than the one three feet from me lol.

Re: Adjust sensitivity or tweak ESP?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:49 pm »
Agree! So Annoying! The hoops we are willing to jump through...

+1 Please Help Amazon!

Offline AlanH

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:06:40 am »
Use different wake words for the conflicting devices. I have a Spot and Echo in the kitchen using “Echo” and “Alexa” as the respective wake words.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
the best you can do is to change echo locations.  it happens to me sometimes since I have three in a very small apartment.  I had to move one further into a room for it to stop.