Echo & Alexa Forums

Major Wi-Fi Problems

feng.shue

Major Wi-Fi Problems
« on: August 30, 2018, 03:48:12 pm »
I don't know if it's the device, or my router. But my router seems to work fine with all the devices that I connect it too. The Wi-Fi for my Echo is very unstable, and sometimes it cannot detect WiFi. So for now i'm using the Lenovo Smart Display with Google assistant and it works just fine. The camera shutter screen is just a life-changing feature that the Echo Show does not have. However, since i've purchased the device, I still want it to work just like any other of my devices. The more assistants the merrier yes?

dragon123

Re: Major Wi-Fi Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 10:30:35 am »
What have you tried already..?

Switching between 2.4GHz and 5GHz, switching channels, moving echo closer to router, ...?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »
This could be a signal strength issue between the Show and router.  The Show may need a better signal because of the video feature.  You did not tell us which wi-fi band you are connected to.  2,4 G is best because of the extended range, and 5G may help video signal but has shorter range.    Also, your Show likely needs to be closer to your router for best reception.  Be sure you are closer to router as was suggested.

linotab

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 09:03:09 pm »
I have he same issue on my echo show. tried rebooting or factory reset several times, moved the unit closer to the router but it didn't help at all. All other alexa devices are working fine except my show. Have contacted customer service and told me that the issue maybe on the router blocking my alexa show, when I checked it is not. there were no IP conflict either. If someone had the same issue and was able to solve it...please share the solution. Thank you.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 11:15:06 am »
I don't know if it's the device, or my router. But my router seems to work fine with all the devices that I connect it too. The Wi-Fi for my Echo is very unstable, and sometimes it cannot detect WiFi. So for now i'm using the Lenovo Smart Display with Google assistant and it works just fine. The camera shutter screen is just a life-changing feature that the Echo Show does not have. However, since i've purchased the device, I still want it to work just like any other of my devices. The more assistants the merrier yes?

Have u gone into your router settings to try changing the Wifi channel? Sometimes wifi channels overlapping with your neighbors will result in poor connections.
Echo Dot @ SG