Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Plus and Denon avr-s510bt

Jevsster

Echo Plus and Denon avr-s510bt
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:40:46 pm »
Ok, I've read issues like this in which Denon receiver can't connect, the thing here is that my Echo Dot can connect with no problem to the receiver. But my new  Echo (2nd generation) can't. It shows in the list, it "pairs" but no confirmation by Echo and the reciever says "no connection". Then, if I say "Alexa, connect to speakers", the reciever sometimes disappears from the paired devices list. Any insight I can use?, Already tried solutions on the Echo page, reinstalled the Alexa app, forget devices from the Echo Dot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:02:39 pm by Jevsster »

ssavoie1

Re: Echo Plus and Denon avr-s510bt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:33:40 am »
Same issue here....I had a 2nd Gen Dot and had it connected to my S510BT no problem.  I just got the 3rd gen to replace the 2nd gen and now I have the same results.  I can add the receiver to the "list" in the Alexa App but the receiver says "No Connection" and if I tap on it or try to connect it disappears from the list and won't connect.  Basically it appears to pair fine but won't connect.  I tried to re-set up my 2nd Gen Dot and same problem.  I can connect my phone to the receiver no problem and can connect the dot to other devices no problem.  I factory reset the receiver, the dot, updated firmware all to no avail..I called Denon support and all they could do was escalate it.  I just got a message that they want me to send it in for diagnosis and repair.  Probably not going to do that since I'm sure it's out of warranty.  Someone here must be able to figure this out!!