Echo & Alexa Forums

AMAZON brief mode - but updates in general

mclingo

AMAZON brief mode - but updates in general
« on: August 27, 2018, 06:48:43 am »
Hi, why is Brief mode taking so long to get to the EU, why are updates so slow in general?

Is there way I can opt into a beta, really need this as I work late and Alexa's booming voice is waking up the neighbours.

Brief mode, or the ability to turn her voice down is becoming essential.

Also, having to verify on every post is going to become very tiresome, if you want to put people off using this forum then thats how you do it !

MartinB999

Re: AMAZON brief mode - but updates in general
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:09 am »
Hi. You can turn her voice down easily by asking to her either to "reduce volume", or as she uses a 1-10 (10 being the highest volume) you can say "Alexa, volume 6"..... or another number between 1 and 10.

mclingo

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 04:40:11 pm »
Hi. You can turn her voice down easily by asking to her either to "reduce volume", or as she uses a 1-10 (10 being the highest volume) you can say "Alexa, volume 6"..... or another number between 1 and 10.

doh.. I know how to use the volume, thats not the question i'm asking...

MartinB999

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:03:40 am »
Erm, well you need to make your question clearer then...... you did say, "Brief mode, or the ability to turn her voice down is becoming essential." And I just answered that for you.
Please don't be rude on here, if a person doesn't understand what you have written it might be better to write something like, "........ Oh, I'm sorry, it seems that I need to clarify what I am asking......... etc"