Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa set up in Spain

Buckothelesser

Alexa set up in Spain
« on: July 31, 2018, 12:34:05 pm »
I just bought an Echo Dot and brought it to Spain. I have turned it on and followed the order to follow the instructions in the Alexa App. When I click on configuration I get the message  THE ITEM YOU'VE REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SPANISH STORE, BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN THE UK STORE. TAP CHANGE STORE TO VIEW THIS ITEM.

When I change store I get the message: YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT VALID FOR USE IN THE UK STORE. YOU MUST SWITCH TO THE SPANISH STORE BEFORE PURCHASING. !!!!!

Can somebody please help me ?  >:(

DavidA

Re: Alexa set up in Spain
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 01:49:49 am »
Download Aptoide from your appstore and then download the Alexa app through that (if I'm understanding your problem correctly).
You will have problems using the Dot in Spain as it's not AFAIK officially available there.  It won't recognise your address, for one thing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:51:54 am by DavidA »

Buckothelesser

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:13:09 am »
Thanks DavidA, but can't find Aptoire in my App Store?
Regards

DavidA

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 12:51:07 pm »

Lilic Foot

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:55:37 am »
Hi I have just joined the forum can anyone tell me if an echo dot registered in UK will play Prime Music in Spain or Unlimited whilst on holiday in spain?  If so what changes if any do i need to make whilst on holiday.

Sapphire42

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 04:28:14 am »
Hi everyone.

I have a similar problem to the original poster. I bought an Echo Plus when I was in the UK just over a month ago and brought it back to France where I currently live. I was initially able to ask Alexa to 'play music' or to play a particular artist but all it does now is is 'getting the last station you listened to'.  I see that someone has recommended downloading Aptoid - will this help me?

Many thanks

EchoDevice

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 01:08:23 am »
The features of the Echo Alexa are really amazing which made it be famous worldwide. To setup, Amazon Echo follow the simple steps given in the article: Amazon Echo Set up

mywifiexthelp

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 04:09:00 pm »
Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistance built in Amazon echo. Alexa has the capability to control your home gadgets your smart tv, lights, extenders, thermostats and more. So if you recently purchased an Amazon echo and want to install your Echo, here are some Step by step detail information for New echo dot setup

On your Amazon Echo or Amazon Echo Dot you will see a LED light circling on the top of your device and within 1 or 2 minutes your Amazon Alexa setup assistance app on your IOS, Android or Amazon tablet will guide you through to install your device.

To Setup Amazon Echo or Amazon Echo Dot, you should have an Amazon Account.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:42:34 pm by jwlv »