Echo & Alexa Forums

Alex's using wrong location

ikingham

Alex's using wrong location
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:24:46 am »
Hi,
We have moved cities but even after resetting our location to the new city, Alex's 8sex the old city for weather and other searches despite giving the correct new location when asked to state its location.

Any ideas on how to fix this and get Alex's to drop knowledge of the old location?
Thanks

Laurel

Re: Alex's using wrong location
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:15 am »
I would go in on the app and change everything such as location, or on the Alexa website.  Sounds like you changed the location verbally or do I read that wrong?  Verbal never seems as good. 

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:34:03 pm »
Did you go into each of your device’s settings and change address there, as well as changing your Amazon account address?

ikingham

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »
Hi, thks for replies.

Have ensured all Amazon and Google addresses are the correct new location and then deleted Alexa apps from both phone and tablet then rebooted Alex's and re-registered but to no avail.
 Checked my router is showing correct town and longitude/latitude.
It must be picking up some obscure address record from somewhere but don't understand if 'what's my location?' gives right answer but 'where is the nearest MacDonalds?' references the old location.

Laurel

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 03:40:53 pm »
Hi, thks for replies.

Have ensured all Amazon and Google addresses are the correct new location and then deleted Alexa apps from both phone and tablet then rebooted Alex's and re-registered but to no avail.
 Checked my router is showing correct town and longitude/latitude.
It must be picking up some obscure address record from somewhere but don't understand if 'what's my location?' gives right answer but 'where is the nearest MacDonalds?' references the old location.

I remember way back when and my device was showing somewhere in Virginia USA.  (I'm in British Columbia).  I chatted with the chat line and they fixed it but it took a long while for them to fix it. They were really helpful.