Echo & Alexa Forums

Spot : How do you turn off the display in french?

Spot : How do you turn off the display in french?
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:35:44 am »
Hello,

I received my 2 Spots yesteday. Nice devices, they will be happy at home among my Echos and my Homes ;)
Question though : what is the command in french to turn off the display at night? In english, "Turn off display", all good. But in french "Eteins l'écran" and Spot is trying to find the device Ecran, can't find it of course and...
I've asked the support but they don't known.
Weird, it's such a basic command, it exists in english, so it should be available in all the languages...

Offline jwlv

Re: Spot : How do you turn off the display in french?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:49:59 am »
My Echo isn't registered in France so I'm not sure if this will work, but try saying "écran éteint"

I think the reason why you can't say "turn off ..." or "eteins ..." is because that command is usually used with smart devices such as Hue, Wemo, TP-Link, etc. If Alexa is saying it can't find the device "ecran" then then it doesn't know that you are talking about the Spot's screen. It is looking for some external smart device.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:53:30 am by jwlv »

Re: Spot : How do you turn off the display in french?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:50:49 am »
Hello :)

There is a tutorial video on Amazon, says that to turn off the display, you just have to say "Alexa Eteins l'écran" but it's trying to find the external device with the name Ecran to turn it off... So I guess it's a bug that's going to get resolved soon. Hopefully.
Bugger :(

https://www.viddler.com/embed/a58f8900/?autoplay=1 at 50 secs or so