Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Device status

asianrocker

Re: Device status
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 04:52:47 am »
I don't own a Google home coz I don't feel the need to own all AIs ever sold. One is enough. I asked you to show an example and you want me to get educated??

Excuse you? I know it all!!

I can test it with Google Assistant.

With the recent awful fail fake news that Alexa blurted. Yes Google is better. It has always been better in asking it anything.

You may be referring to smart home. Last I checked Google Assistant it can control smart devices that echo can.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:02:35 am by asianrocker »

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 05:24:16 am »
you have absolutely no experience with google home but yet you are saying it is better?   I am not going to waste my time with you.   I will say this, google home biggest advantage is the ability to answer stupid questions but as I said before that is only because they are able to fix the results with their ownership of google search.   and yes both have the some of the same features but alexa has a whole lot more at this time.   as I said get educated!!! 

asianrocker

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 05:30:11 am »
LOL how can I get 'educated' if you won't even say why Alexa is better? Is it the app? You can set it up better what?

Don't tell me to get educated when the reason i own only 1 voice Assistant is coz I know they all function the same.

Maybe you don't want me to educate you that Google Assistant can do it and feel you wasted your money on your Google home. And why do you even bought that in the first place if you think it's inferior?

Doesn't make sense.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 08:06:27 am »
I'm not speaking for anyone but myself here... so keep that in mind.

Asianrocker... You have on more than one occasion pushed your opinion on things with hyperbole, including in this discussion. I recommend just changing that one thing about how you post on ANY forum or discussion group, as it makes you look like a spoiled brat. Not saying you are... just saying that's how it makes you look. Stating your opinion is perfectly acceptable, but also should be based on a line of concepts, facts, perceptions you have and follow some sort of path that give credence to your opinion.

I can say for me (ME ONLY) that I purchased Echo first and it would be very expensive to ignore the platform and go to another at this time, so it fits my needs and makes way better sense for me... making it a better choice in my world and in my opinion. I don't have just one Echo Product... I have MANY. most I got with some sort of discount by buying something that offered the echo piece (usually a dot) for almost nothing... Making it a better product... for me.

I find Echos to be very solid in operation but not with , as renegade stated, Silly question answering skills... They do OK for the most part and in some cases can answer some complex "If this, what about that?" kinds of questions... but none of them are absolutely perfect... this includes all AI's I've seen and played with... Cortana, Alexa, Siri, Google... all of them.

I do find it difficult to come to terms with the one thing the OP has brought up for discussion, but it doesn't;t render any one of the AI units a "Lesser God". It makes them different. I would love for EVERYTHIING that I control to have status feedback, some do not. I do believe this will eventually be handled by Amazon as well, but keep in mind they have their own agenda and have their own time lines for things to update and change and all... I don't think being able to garner status from all systems makes any system better than another. However it is one of my picks for upgrade as well.

Until then I can use my smart phone and HANDS FREE get the status of my bedroom lights as My hue system does indeed. offer status signal somehow, and SIRI and sounds like everyone else, can summon those bits.

Just from your responses on this thread, it shows you don't read everything that is written and already discussed... You got offended and went off on a tirade instead, showing everyone your status doesn't need summoning at all... it's on your sleeve.

Please continue to contribute helpful things... but also please remember - the world doesn't;t revolve around you and your life. Others have different experiences and opinions and some even base their opinions on those things... kind of like you do... only they aren't nasty to other people who do not agree.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 10:01:19 am »
Maybe you need to read just this thread to see who attacked who first.

I merely ask that he state an example how Alexa is better then he blurted out I need to get educated.

I actually want to know what can Alexa do that any AI Not just Google home can't do.

I believe they all function the same. I mean if I'm in smart devices business I would see to it that it can be ran by ALL AIs known to man. Otherwise that's a very bad business to start with.

And of course whatever I say is my opinion only. For some reason he got offended by that LOL.

I stopped coming here for a while since no one seem to care what I say anyway so was taken aback someone does read my post here.

Now I'm deciding which is better being ignored or being attacked. Hmm.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:12:38 am by asianrocker »

Jeffrok

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 04:34:16 pm »
Get we please get back on topic? I've been in enough unhinged forums, let's not make this one of those.