Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

try this to see what happens, not at all what i expected

try this to see what happens, not at all what i expected
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:54:06 pm »
i had something new happen today. i said, "alexa set inside timer." but i did not get a timer instead alexa attempted to link me up with some service? i tried this four times with the exact same results. dead silent room no other noise and as said never had this happen before setting any timer on any device. so i cannot say set inside timer, is it just me or if others say this do you also get the same unexpected response? just curious.

p.s. i was wary of something happening that would cause me problems on down the road so to speak. so i cancelled each mid-response and didn't get the name of the name of that service. i used another name for the timer and no issues as has always been the case before today.
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.

Re: try this to see what happens, not at all what i expected
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 05:39:07 pm »
are you telling it how long to set the timer for?   I just told alexa to "set inside timer 10 minutes"  with no problems

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:03:09 pm »
Tried it on mine her reply was hmmmmm - yap mine was clueless about it.

Out of curiosity why do you have to specifically say inside timer? I just use timer why insert inside?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:04:51 pm by asianrocker »

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 11:06:56 pm »
Tried it on mine her reply was hmmmmm - yap mine was clueless about it.

Out of curiosity why do you have to specifically say inside timer? I just use timer why insert inside?

guessing it is the name of the specific timer.  Personally I get confused when setting more than one timer at the same time so I need a name.   

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:17:44 pm »
are you telling it how long to set the timer for?   I just told alexa to "set inside timer 10 minutes"  with no problems

i had always been able to name my timers whatever i chose to. example when i first posted this i had been watering our yard both outside and inside our hedge. as normal i said, "alexa set outside timer" "for how long?" "one hour" "one hour starting now." then went to set the other but that name i chose as always "inside timer" made the system think i was trying to do something other than set a timer regardless that i had specifically said set...timer. that occurred no matter how many times i attempted it. i ended up switching and called it "inside water" and it worked. only posted at the time as it was really weird how it reacted.

all said before i posted this i tested it again to see if the minor bug had been resolved and it has been. so from now on if i notice a problem, issue ???, i am going to wait a full day to see if it gets resolved before posting. i do appreciate all the input.

have a good one :D
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.