Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot

Re: Echo Dot
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 04:49:06 pm »
I bought the damned battery!  Hope it is as advertised!

I bet now that a new Echo comes out this year that is battery operated with a dock (kind of like Tap v2)....

DParker

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »

Was referring to the Dot being used to connect to BT speakers, not the Echo.

Ah, OK...that explains the confusion.  The conversation that saturnkk and I were having was about the "Battery Boot" product and the Echo, not the Dot and BT.

Of course, but that's the whole idea of Home Automation......so we don't have to get up and go to the computer, or turn off the lights, or write things on our grocery list etc. etc.

Well, sure.  But you said that you had "no option to have that instant on demand music through my Bose without the Echo".  A "home automation" option is more specific.  But in that event, I'd agree.

Again, it's not about using juice on the others, it's about still having them free to use not having to be concerned about how 'far away' I go being out of bluetooth range, and also, 'again' ... it's about Home Automation .... making us lazy...however you want to look at it!!  ;)

OK.  But again, what you actually said was, "you are not using up any phone, ipod, or tablet battery to play the music".  So maybe you can see why I thought you were talking about using up battery power.  8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:20:37 pm by DParker »

leehop71

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 05:20:18 pm »

And I'm not sure what you mean by "using it with BT", assuming "it" refers to the Echo, as I didn't say anything about using it with BT.  What I said was was that there are better options than the Echo if what you want is a BT speaker.

Was referring to the Dot being used to connect to BT speakers, not the Echo.

Ah, OK...that explains the confusion.  The conversation that saturnkk and I were having was about the "Battery Boot" product and the Echo, not the Dot and BT.

You don't have a computer?

Of course, but that's the whole idea of Home Automation......so we don't have to get up and go to the computer, or turn off the lights, or write things on our grocery list etc. etc.

Well, sure.  But you said that you had "no option to have that instant on demand music through my Bose without the Echo".  A "home automation" option is more specific.  But in that event, I'd agree.

That's what chargers are for (or at least, it's one thing they're for).

Again, it's not about using juice on the others, it's about still having them free to use not having to be concerned about how 'far away' I go being out of bluetooth range, and also, 'again' ... it's about Home Automation .... making us lazy...however you want to look at it!!  ;)

OK.  But again, what you actually said was, "you are not using up any phone, ipod, or tablet battery to play the music".  So maybe you can see why I thought you were talking about using up battery power.  8)
[/quote]

We are on the same page my friend!  (Is the DParker your name, by chance (Dave Parker)  The reason I ask and it caught my eye is because I am originally from Dayton, Ohio and follows the Reds and Bengals, and Dave Parker used to play for the Reds.