Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Android App Certificate Error Requires Google Chrome Update

zack777es

Hi,

I've installed the Alexa app (latest version July 10) on an Android 8.1.
Upon opening the app, moments after the login page, the "certificate error, please update Google Chrome" pop up.

Chrome is up to date.

Totally stumped.
Force stop, uninstall, restart, reinstall etc all combinations, still getting the same error message.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

devinpatterson

Re: Alexa Android App Certificate Error Requires Google Chrome Update
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »
Hi,

Upon opening the app, moments after the login page, the "certificate error, please update Google Chrome" pop up.

I'm still receiving this error after installation. What worked for me was to fire up the app on mobile data. Afterwards I'm able to switch back to wifi.

zack777es

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:29 pm »
Appreciate the reply.

I had forgotten to update this post. I managed to get it running by switching off the wifi first before starting the app as well.

Hi,

I'm still receiving this error after installation. What worked for me was to fire up the app on mobile data. Afterwards I'm able to switch back to wifi.

XPCraft

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 10:09:57 pm »
I am on a tablet without cellular data so i have no idea what to do. I have tried booting the app without wifi and it wont let me in... Any suggestions?

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 08:42:29 am »
I am on a tablet without cellular data so i have no idea what to do. I have tried booting the app without wifi and it wont let me in... Any suggestions?

You had to set it up with something, and it usually requires a cell phone on wireless to set up then connect to wifi. Do you not have a cell phone to use the app from to get it started up?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!