Echo & Alexa Forums

Using dots at multiple locations

Raindrop

Using dots at multiple locations
« on: July 14, 2018, 07:23:31 am »
I am trying to find a way to successfully use echo dots as an intercom system (via drop in) for multiple locations of my business. I set them up using an old iPhone that was erased and then only contacts for my managers were loaded into the phone. Each manager has downloaded the Alexa app on their phone. Upon setup I realized I had to associate a mobile phone number to enable calling/drop ins.  Because my number was associated to my home account, I borrowed my husbands number. Two problems. 1- now every call from each dot comes across with his number and caller ID. 2- I’ve allowed access from the managers thru contacts but it will only let them drop in/call in to the first dot I set up because it views it as the primary. I know I could set up each dot in its own account but I would need different phone numbers for each one. Any ideas of a work around?

Re: Using dots at multiple locations
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 11:02:20 am »
Have the manager at each location set up the dot with their own phone number... simple as that. Share everyone's numbers with everyone else and your done. If someone moves on, the 50 dollar dot is replaceable without a sneeze... hell... even let them take it with them if they think it's a problem... but speaking from experience, I know you can reset the Dot to factory and unregister it and sever ties with it from your phone... So setting it up with a new manager is no issue if that occurs either...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!