Echo & Alexa Forums

Logging into to someone else's echo

pko123

Logging into to someone else's echo
« on: July 12, 2018, 10:40:21 am »
I am traveling to stay with friends, is it possible to login to other people's echo devices with your account and then log out before you leave?  Or should I consider bringing my own with - seems stupid when they have one in the guest room.... Amazon household is not an option, I just want to use my own account on their device while visiting.

asianrocker

Re: Logging into to someone else's echo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »
why exactly do you even want to do that? All echo can be controlled by anyone once it's setup. Is there something special in your amazon account that can't be done on your friend's echo? I'm actually curious.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:42:38 am »
Sounds like a reasonable request. Look at it this way. Wynn hotels in Las Vegas have Echos in every room. It would be nice to login to your own account so that you can play your music. Obviously someone else's won't have your playlist. Or they might not subscribe to the same music services as you. And let's say you want to turn on the lights in your house while you're away. There's a number of things that you would want to login to your own account, rather than use someone else's. I'm not sure about Air bnb or other house/room sharing arrangements. I'm sure some home owners offer Echo/Alexa as an added amenity.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:23 am »
You all can do what you want on your Alexa app. When we're on vacation I use my app to turn on lights in our house remotely and yes I use my voice coz you can do that now in the app.

If I were him I would just use Alexa app on my phone and use the friends echo as BT speaker for music. If that's the reason why he wanted to use his account.