Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app offline

Riley

Alexa app offline
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:24:28 pm »
Hi all newbie here. I have a collection of echo devices and sonos speakers in my set up and they all work very well together. The problem I’m having is that most skills I enable will not work. I have been scouring the Internet for reasons for this with no success. I randomly noted that on my Alexa devices screen my Alexa app is listed as offline whereas everything else is online. Could this be the affecting factor?? What can I do about it please??  Thanks for reading and hope some bright spark will come back

Riley

Re: Alexa app offline
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:10:21 am »
Bump   :D

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:25 am »
I don't get your problem. What you mean Alexa app is offline? If you're offline then your devices won't work but it does you said.

As for skills personally I think they're useless. I also even don't enable them.most skills don't need to be enabled to use. I just use the trigger word and command example and it works.

Riley

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 05:04:28 pm »
So it’s likely just naff skills rather than there being a fault in my setting up

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:00:27 am »
Don’t know where you’re located, but it could be a geo-location issue. Perhaps download and install some skills from the BBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal or Reuter’s - reliable sources, and see if they work.

Riley

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »
Thanks so much for your response I’m on the south coast so I don’t know if that helps. Most radio apps work but as an example I tried to use a highly rated lullaby skill on the echo in my baby’s room and no combination of Alexa + recommended command would get a response. It just says I’m having difficult using the skill. If I knew how to attach a pic I’d show you what my devices list looks like