Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Respond

lostsoul62

Alexa Respond
« on: July 06, 2018, 05:11:48 pm »
Can I get Alexa to respond? When I say alexa, can I get her to say "Yes what can I do for you"?

stormr

Re: Alexa Respond
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »
You could set up a routine for that phrase and associate a task to it. But I don't think you can get her to specifically do what you might want at the moment. Maybe someone else knows more abou tthat. I'm fairly new to the routines thing. But it's fun to make up new ones.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
As Far as I know, Alexa isn't much of a conversationalist. She is not true AI and is only reactive AI. You need not ask for her attention by summoning her ear... saying her name does that. She is not a human and is a long way from being that responsive. In real life, when you ask for a person's attention, you may get a huge variety of replies, such as "What's up?", Yes, (your name here), or some other such natural response per that persons personality and disposition at the time... Alexa is the same for the most part, however some of the folks who frequent this forum have told they have "programmed" their Alexa to call them "master" and "(husbands name here)'s Slave" and other funny things... but it only addresses by YOU not by what Alexa can do FOR you.

2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 05:35:21 am »
With routine + follow up mode you can do it. Unfortunately you can't use Alexa as your trigger word for your routine for obvious reasons.

Or maybe you can! Just change the usual summon/wake word you have 3 choices.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:39:09 am by asianrocker »