Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa cant find songs on Spotify

Alexa cant find songs on Spotify
« on: July 02, 2018, 05:32:44 am »
As the title states, However she was finding music without issues last week.

I think the issue started to happen when I noticed the light was orange on her. I though she was updating but when I tried to talk to her she said to finish the setup via the Alexa app. Maybe she reset herself or something but she now no longer plays music with Spotify. I can open the app on my phone and play it on her but I cant ask her to play anything because she cant find it.

Offline AlanH

Re: Alexa cant find songs on Spotify
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:41:52 am »
Couple of things - have you tried rebooting the device, and then checking youíre still logged into your Spotify account?

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:52:32 am »
Yes the first thing I did was reboot and check if I'm logged in. She can't find any song she is asked but if I as her to play music she will resume Spotify.

Offline AlanH

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:02:04 pm »
And Spotify is still set as your default music service in Settings > Music & Media?

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 12:03:55 pm »
And Spotify is still set as your default music service in Settings > Music & Media?

It is indeed

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 04:57:11 am »
I tried it again today and suddenly she is all back to normal. Can play any song I ask her to.

Totally weird  :o

Offline AlanH

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 11:15:24 am »
Thatís good to hear. Spotify can be a little flaky now and then.