Echo & Alexa Forums

Extremely strange thing happened today

sidhu

Extremely strange thing happened today
« on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:19 am »
Hi
I am absolutely new to this forum. Alexa did a strange thing today. So i had to be member to let you people know.
Every other week i go to my  parent's place .after spending a day i get back to my place. These two places are 350 km apart. After getting back i call my mother to let her know that i have come back safely. Today after getting back i didn't call her because of some problem. In the afternoon i got a reminder from alexa "call mom".
HOW COULD ALEXA DO THAT?
Is she tracking my positions and calling habit? From that she had come to know that i didn't call her!!!!
Is it possible? Is she so intelligent?
Waiting for your response. Please answer.
Regards
Sidhu

Offline jwlv

Re: Extremely strange thing happened today
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:51 am »
Wow that's strange. I've never heard of Alexa knowing your habits and reminding you if you missed something. Kinda cool and kinda creepy at the same time.  :o

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:48:48 pm »
Weird.  This is a user forum, and NOT an Amazon forum.  You need to contact Amazon Customer service via phone to report this and for an accurate answer.
Let us know what you find out.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 01:55:26 pm »
Most likely something you said or Alexa picked up from the radio or TV set a reminder at some point and back it came, quite coincidentally, when you might actually have needed it. We've all had weird experiences - mine once said, quite out of the blue, 'I haven't got any money'! I wondered if she'd been taken hostage or thought I had!

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:20:48 pm »
Are you sure you didn't make a reminder for it? I actually think it's cool if it really is learning from your habits but logically I am leaning on the former.