Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Iheart, Tunein Not Available?

JohninCT

Iheart, Tunein Not Available?
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:03:21 am »
This morning, about an hour ago I asked Alexa to play WNYC on tunein. It said getting WNYC from tunein and after a brief pause it said it was unavailable. Tried several stations I often listen to and same with iheart. Same result. Anyone else having problems playing radio stations.

AlanH

Re: Iheart, Tunein Not Available?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:32:15 am »
I’m in the UK and Alexa found the station and played it immediately. Try a reboot?

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 12:02:20 pm »
This morning, about an hour ago I asked Alexa to play WNYC on tunein. It said getting WNYC from tunein and after a brief pause it said it was unavailable. Tried several stations I often listen to and same with iheart. Same result. Anyone else having problems playing radio stations.

I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia and just asked Alexa for WNYC on tunein and it came in just fine.

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 08:03:34 am »
I've had that happen from time to time.

It usually gets better after a few hours.

Stackthedrummer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 09:25:31 am »
Hello,  I am from ireland and yesterday this has started happening on my two Alex units?  I ask for it to play a local radio station and it tells me that it cannot find any radio station of that name.  I also asked it to play a song from spotify and it tells me it cannot find any songs on spotify?

I can get it to play my local radion station through my iphone app?  any ideas on how to fix this? 

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 09:45:54 am »
How are you phrasing your request?
“Alexa, play xyz radio from TuneIn”?

kitley

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:03:08 pm »
 I am in Ontario Canada, and have had my devices about 3 weeks, and tunein radio is often unavailable, I try a few hours later and it works.  I am asking it with the same phrase all the time.  Frustrating, but is always rights itself.