Echo & Alexa Forums

hue sync

asianrocker

hue sync
« on: June 10, 2018, 11:31:28 am »
I searched this here on the forum. The only one that mentioned it according to my search is me. LOL but I also saw a few people liking this.

So FYI it's now available. I just tried it. you have to setup a few things. mainly on hue app then the PC.

Hue sync is fine I just don't like that most lights especially the color ones are not as bright. I will try again at night to see the real effect.

There's also mimic. I tried it with my tv on the live show I am watching but wow that's a joke. It does not sync at all it basically does a color loop.

asianrocker

Re: hue sync
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:34:30 pm »
I am obviously on exploration mode with my hue app. Can't wait to try the geofencing feature. When I get back home tonight I expect my light to turn on automatically.

Only bad bit about it is I have to have my phone with me when I leave the house now. I always leave my phone at home. On 2nd thought it might be a good thing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:37:21 pm by asianrocker »

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »
Well the home/away geo feature is a fail for me. That sucks.  The hue sync is amazing though.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 08:03:26 pm »
This guy just discovered the awesomeness:

https://youtu.be/2tsmzL_YlDE

I mean I only have 1 lamp and my mind is blown so I can relate to his excitement.

I kind of agree with the 1 commenter that said his mind is blown that they cost too much. LOL ya think?