Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiroom connection

Chappie

Multiroom connection
« on: June 09, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »
Hi all .
Need a little help .
I've got four echo devices around the house and successful in creating groups and playing multi room .
Now , I've a LG OLED TV WITH SOUND BAR . Here's my problem , can play Spotify through all the devices or through the tv .
How do i connect the tv to the alexa app to add it to the list of devices so I can add the tv to the multi room section and then play through echo devices and tv sound bar together .

stocklen

Re: Multiroom connection
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:52:02 pm »
You cannot.

As I understand it, and your question and setup (its not 100% clear from your description) - to get the synchronous playback using alexa multiroom each device must be an echo (and not spotify running on another platform such as the TV).

To get the sound out of your soundbar, the only way to do it if you want it to be part of multiroom is to have an echo connected directly to the soundbar via the headphone socket.  Multiroom does not work if your soundbar or speakers are bluetooth connected to the echo.

Chappie

Re: Multiroom connection
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 02:07:43 am »
Thanks for the reply .
The sound bar is connected to my phone ( wi-fi ) only via the Spotify app which controls the echos too . I hadn't thought of connecting an echo directly to the tv / sound bar.  I'll be giving that a go today .
Many thanks ...