Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth speakers

xume

Bluetooth speakers
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:15:53 am »
I am trying to add a blue tooth speaker to extend the reach of echo to other rooms when listening to music. Can it be done

Offline jwlv

Re: Bluetooth speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »
No, that can't be done, at least not right now.
Echo is a Bluetooth speaker.  It cannot connect to other Bluetooth speakers.

I suppose it would be possible for the Echo programmers to allow it to pair to other Bluetooth speakers. But I don't think it would be to Amazon's best interests. They probably would rather have you buy another Echo.  I'm still waiting for when Amazon allows us to order a 2nd or 3rd Echo. But for now, it's still limited to 1 per customer.

mpatnode

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »
So I like to add my vote if anyone at Amazon cares.    Essentially this could work like a Sonus replacement with multiple BT speakers in every room.   "Alexa Play NPR in the bathroom"   Also, my Onkyo receiver also has BT, and as good as the Echo speakers are, I think my Klipsch's sound better...

Talisman

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:22 am »
Yes it would be great if I could say "Alexa airplay music in kitchen" or the whole house.

Ultramanv

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:17 am »
Im going to try an idea . I have the Sylvania Musiclites installed all over my house. I'm going to wire in a 3.5mm jack to the echo and plug in the sender to the lights . The musiclites allow me to control the room via zones . If this works i don't see why i couldn't plug in a 3.5mm Bluetooth transceiver into the same plug and send to my Onkyo via bluetooth.. Ill post picks when i'm done,