Echo & Alexa Forums

Audio groups problem

Steve1530

Audio groups problem
« on: June 04, 2018, 09:06:50 am »
Is this forum connected with Amazon? It would be nice to know that they are getting our concerns, complaints, and suggestions. I find this whole Alexa system to be buggy and at times very frustrating. For example, The Alexa app crashes on my iPhone daily.

The problem

I have three dots. They are all grouped together. One is connected to a VAUX speaker which allows me to take it with me where I go around the house. If I walk into the living room for example and want to play what’s playing on my portable Dot (because my living room Dot is connected to a good amp and speakers) I pause the song and change the setting to my group settings. But when I hit play it doesn’t play through all the Dots in the group like it’s should. I have to quit what I am playing and start again fresh to get it to play everywhere. One of the problems is then it starts the whole playlist over again and not on the song I wanted to hear. This is really frustrating. Hopefully, it’s just something I’m doing wrong. If it’s not I hope Amazon is listening

Thanks

asianrocker

Re: Audio groups problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:09:23 am »
Amazon and Apple don't play together well.  Very well documented on this forum.

AlanH

Re: Audio groups problem
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:03:01 am »
Is this forum connected with Amazon? It would be nice to know that they are getting our concerns, complaints, and suggestions. I find this whole Alexa system to be buggy and at times very frustrating. For example, The Alexa app crashes on my iPhone daily.

The problem

I have three dots. They are all grouped together. One is connected to a VAUX speaker which allows me to take it with me where I go around the house. If I walk into the living room for example and want to play what’s playing on my portable Dot (because my living room Dot is connected to a good amp and speakers) I pause the song and change the setting to my group settings. But when I hit play it doesn’t play through all the Dots in the group like it’s should. I have to quit what I am playing and start again fresh to get it to play everywhere. One of the problems is then it starts the whole playlist over again and not on the song I wanted to hear. This is really frustrating. Hopefully, it’s just something I’m doing wrong. If it’s not I hope Amazon is listening

Thanks

Here’s a link to Amazon’s own Alexa/Echo forum.
https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devices/echo-alexa
Incidentally, my house is wholly Apple and I’ve never had an issue with any of my Alexa devices, they all work together as they should.