Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Audio groups problem

Audio groups problem
« on: June 04, 2018, 09:06:50 am »
Is this forum connected with Amazon? It would be nice to know that they are getting our concerns, complaints, and suggestions. I find this whole Alexa system to be buggy and at times very frustrating. For example, The Alexa app crashes on my iPhone daily.

The problem

I have three dots. They are all grouped together. One is connected to a VAUX speaker which allows me to take it with me where I go around the house. If I walk into the living room for example and want to play whatís playing on my portable Dot (because my living room Dot is connected to a good amp and speakers) I pause the song and change the setting to my group settings. But when I hit play it doesnít play through all the Dots in the group like itís should. I have to quit what I am playing and start again fresh to get it to play everywhere. One of the problems is then it starts the whole playlist over again and not on the song I wanted to hear. This is really frustrating. Hopefully, itís just something Iím doing wrong. If itís not I hope Amazon is listening

Thanks

Re: Audio groups problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:09:23 am »
Amazon and Apple don't play together well.  Very well documented on this forum.

Offline AlanH

Re: Audio groups problem
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:03:01 am »
Is this forum connected with Amazon? It would be nice to know that they are getting our concerns, complaints, and suggestions. I find this whole Alexa system to be buggy and at times very frustrating. For example, The Alexa app crashes on my iPhone daily.

The problem

I have three dots. They are all grouped together. One is connected to a VAUX speaker which allows me to take it with me where I go around the house. If I walk into the living room for example and want to play whatís playing on my portable Dot (because my living room Dot is connected to a good amp and speakers) I pause the song and change the setting to my group settings. But when I hit play it doesnít play through all the Dots in the group like itís should. I have to quit what I am playing and start again fresh to get it to play everywhere. One of the problems is then it starts the whole playlist over again and not on the song I wanted to hear. This is really frustrating. Hopefully, itís just something Iím doing wrong. If itís not I hope Amazon is listening

Thanks

Hereís a link to Amazonís own Alexa/Echo forum.
https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devices/echo-alexa
Incidentally, my house is wholly Apple and Iíve never had an issue with any of my Alexa devices, they all work together as they should.