Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Does the Security Camera need to be exposed to the internet?

I can't find any post that clarify my issue.

If i add a security camera to Alexa, do i need to add port forwarding to the router in order to access the camera live stream from outside my Wi-fi network?

Re: Does the Security Camera need to be exposed to the internet?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:43:08 pm »
Not sure if this answers your question but I have two Blink cameras I use less for security than watching wildlife (bit heavy on the batteries!) and I can access them from my phone well away from my router.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 02:30:50 pm »
it really depends on the cameras.  most can be viewed on the cloud these days.  just a simple setup using a phone app.  no port forwarding needed. 

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:39 am »
My only experience on security cam is using old phones. I have a lot of them. And using a free app.

The app I use has an option to view on web which I regretfully clicked. Coz now I can't turn it off. Never used the web view any way. I always use another phone as viewer.