Echo & Alexa Forums

Bose soundtouch wireless link

Philipw2

Bose soundtouch wireless link
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:46:44 pm »
My old receiver has no wireless capabilities.  I saw that Bose could give it wifi.  So i added one to the aux port.

I added the Bose skill to my echo. I named the link connection.

The echo keeps tellling me that it recognizes nothing that can play music. 

I can get a bluetooth connection to play music so we know both are set-up but the wifi connection isnt being made.

Experiences?

dragon123

Re: Bose soundtouch wireless link
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:02:36 pm »
I don't have anything like your setup. And your post is a bit too vague.
But here are some things to check and try:
- Bose is a brand, they make lots of things. So, what exact model did you buy?
- What exactly did you name the connection? If you named it 'connection' like your post suggests, what very likely won't work as that would likely be a reserved word. Name it something weird like 'cat' and try if that makes a difference.
- Not sure what exact commands you're trying now. I'm presuming you added a bose soundlink thingie? If so, the syntax would be 'Alexa, ask Bose to ...' (i.e, "Alexa, ask Bose to play preset 1 in the Living room."). 
- To get help, say, "Alexa, ask Bose for help."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:37:16 am by dragon123 »

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:53:43 pm »
I suspect the OP means the Bose SoundLink BT speaker. Could be The Revolve or the Mini models, but both are BT, not WiFi.
Edit: apologies, there is a Bose product called SoundTouch - it’s a wireless soundbar.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:59:13 pm by AlanH »

Philipw2

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 07:00:12 pm »
Thank you for your responses.  Perhaps I can be less vague.

The bose device is a Bose SoundTouch Link. I renamed it Den.  I attached it to the Aux port of my old Onkyo receiver.
So far I have been able to play internet radio and play music on the iMac that is also connected to the Wifi.  So we know that the Bose Is working both with the Wifi and the Onkyo.

The problem is that I have enabled the Bose skill on my Echo and it doesn't work.  I can turn the Bose into a simple bluetooth connector for Echo, but the range is so long that the connection is unreliable, which is why I turned to Wifi.

I have tried every variant of command printed on either the Echo or the Bose websites.

--Alexa ask Bose to play jazz in the Den.

--Alexa play jazz in the Den.

etc

In all cases she says that she has found no device that can play music and asks me to set up multiroom music, which is not what I am trying to do at all.

I hope this explanation is clearer. Thank you again ofr your assistance.