Echo & Alexa Forums

Sonos Control Problem with Echo Dot after Changing Device Name

Mhobbs

I have second gen echo dot that was working with Sonos very well. Customer was out of town and just got back and wanted me to stop by and show him how things worked. He has another house that also has an echo dot and he wanted to change the device name and when that was done Sonos control stopped working. The dot acts like everything is OK but Sonos never plays. I ran out of time with him and had to leave without resolving the issue. Do I need to do another device discovery to solve this problem?

asianrocker

Re: Sonos Control Problem with Echo Dot after Changing Device Name
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 03:17:35 am »
 Not an answer just a vent. Don't take it personally. I have been to a few tech forums and my mind is blown and heart broken at same time coz people like you get paid and are for the most part clueless. That resort to forums for answers.

In the other tech forums I can't believe they are in IT field for decades and are clueless about current technology.

That's why I stopped answering questions here anymore you get paid for my idea? No fair.

Mhobbs

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:56:40 pm »
Sorry I offended you Asianrocker, I was under the impression that the reason these types of forums existed was so information could be shared since no one has the ability to know it all. I have a few installs of the Echo Dot and its ability to control Sonos so I'm not clueless I just hadn't seen this issue before. I tried searching for the answer first but was unsuccessful finding any information regarding the issue I was having so in my naivety I came here to see if I could get an answer. I appreciate the effort you gave in giving me a hand as you were quite helpful.

By the way I figured out the resolution today when I was able to get back to my customer. If you're interested I'd in how I'd be glad to tell you just let me know. 

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »
Glad to hear you resolve it, as you should. I don't think I can encounter that problem since I have no plans to buy a dot or a sonos. I am sure I can resolve it though but thanks for offering.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:20:17 am »
The forum is for providing help to users asking for help then not providing a solution that worked is unfair to users which look to this forum for answers.
POST THE SOLUTION!