Echo & Alexa Forums

How to tell alexa when you have taken your medication

lostsoul62

How to tell alexa when you have taken your medication
« on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:45 am »
How to tell alexa when you have taken your medication so I can ask her when I took them so I don't forget or take them or a double amount?

Laurel

Re: How to tell alexa when you have taken your medication
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 11:39:24 am »
I'm no whiz with the new features, but I just tried "Alexa remember that I took my medication at 8 AM this morning".  Then I asked, "Alexa when did I take my medication?"  Alexa responded, "You told me that I took took my medication at 8 AM this morning".  I think you could refine it more and say more specifics like "I took my aspirin 81 milligrams at 8 AM on May 18th. 

lostsoul62

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:15 am »
I tried what you said and it work but I don't know how to ask her that I took my pain medication at 9 AM this morning?

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:11:53 pm »
I am having trouble with that too!  Also the concept of how to erase the reminder?  Hopefully one of the tech whiz types will help us please.

Offline kevb

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »
Search the skill list for "medication" or "pill". There are a few listed but none have rave reviews. Perhaps one of those will do what you would like.

OldManStumbling

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 06:44:02 pm »
Not what you asked, but I've set reminders during the day take my meds at a set time, example; 7:45 PM take parvastatin.
I take my meds when reminded, then I don't need to remember when I took it.