Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

my alexa is not turning on my TV today

spaulus

my alexa is not turning on my TV today
« on: May 05, 2018, 01:37:13 pm »
it has been working fine until today.
I set up my Logitech Harmony remote to work with Alexa.
Today I noticed there was a slight delay between me telling Alexa to turn on the tv and her reply. Nothing seems to happen.

dragon123

Re: my alexa is not turning on my TV today
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 02:14:26 pm »
Problems with logitech apparently. The internet is complaining...

One 'solution' to restore logitech functionality seems to be to deny the logitech hub access to internet, but presumably alexa can't link with logitech if you do that.

For the time being, seems all one can do is reset the hub every now and then, but alexa doen't work in my case I need to use the remote. When the remote starts 'delaying' commands again or acting up in other ways, reset again. Rinse and repeat  :-\

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:32:03 pm »
Evidently a problem with the Harmony, it has been happening to me for most of a full day now. Started having problems last night and it carried over this morning. I went in and "sync'd) the Harmony bandit had no affect at first, but after about 5 minutes everything started working correctly again. I think it updated over the last couple of days. Also, if you use YONOMI most of what it used to aid in really doesn't add any greatness to the Alexa/harmony experience any longer. When I first started using it, YONOMI was almost required for some commands. Now, not so much.

Currently, I can get all of my standard use Harmony commands to work. I also found a bunch of new commands out there for Harmony and for Alexa and Fire Stick... can't find them for this post, but I looked at the stuff on Amazon and it doesn't show all the commands I was seeing earlier... I'll have to dig some to remember where I saw the commands listed... some were how to navigate such as navigating upend down on the screen and left and right and such... but I didn't save the page... Should have printed it when I found it. It was full of gems.

The last thing I did while typing this line was to ask "Alexa... Turn on Fire TV" and she did it with no hesitation or lag. Just like normal. This is the most common command form all of us in the house. That and "Alexa...Turn everything off" which was having a hard time as well...

Try the Sync and let us know how it works for you.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

holydoc

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »
I had the same problem, but the remote also was having that problem.  I unplugged the harmony hub to reset it and all seems to be working now.   :D

Chris__M

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 05:57:45 am »
I had the same problem with Alexa control, but didn't get around to looking into it. A couple of days later, it was working without me doing anything.

Unlike the other poster, my Harmony remote was working perfectly, which is why I wasn't too fussed at the time.

froglips

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »
I had this issue a few days ago and solved it by going into the Harmony app and selecting reboot hub.  After the reboot everything worked great as it had, no further problems.