Echo & Alexa Forums

Asking for complete works of Music

twocents

Asking for complete works of Music
« on: May 08, 2018, 02:25:54 pm »
I tend to listen to classical music, and I have specifically tried asking for (I have unlimited) Rusalka, the complete opera. I have noticed when trying to play other complete works all the echo does is play one selection from the work. From a symphony, one particular movement and usually the same one each time.
What do I need to say to get alexa to play a complete symphony, opera, etc. Or get it to play on an echo period. There seems to be no search function within the unlimited tab in the alexa app.
thanks
two cents ¢¢

AlanH

Re: Asking for complete works of Music
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:55:33 pm »
Create a playlist for each opera and ask Alexa to play the playlist?

mindmagic

Re: Asking for complete works of Music
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:58:07 am »
Yes, a playlist is the answer. You have to add all the tracks you want, one by one, in the right order. Naming the playlist can be tricky; "Beethoven 2" and "Mahler 2 part 1" will work, and I imagine "Rusalka" would as well. Alexa does struggle understanding some composers names; Dvorak is usually OK, but I had no luck with Suk or Britten, for example.

Having said all that, if you can find an album with the whole of Rusalka, it may be enough to add it to your library and ask Alexa to "play album Rusalka from my library".