Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa App

3bells

Alexa App
« on: May 08, 2018, 10:50:40 am »
Please call Amazon and have the representative send a ticket to Amazon protesting this new policy:

I'm so upset about Amazon's update on the alexa app. Now I have to sign in on my ipad everytime I want to use the app, I have a strong Amazom password for protection so it takes effort and time to sign in on the ipad "keyboard." I'll have to make my password easier for sign-in which certainly defeats the security purpose since my Amazon website needs more security than my Alexa app. I feel like dumping my three Echo's in the garbage!

asianrocker

Re: Alexa App
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »
LOL I think it's another Apple problem. You are better off throwing your iPad. Yes I loathe anything Apple.  8)

I have no problems with my Android phone.  The problems I read here from Apple owners mostly happen after update. Nice to know it's not only windows that messes everything up every update.

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 01:01:22 pm »
I have no problem with my iPad and the Alexa app, and I certainly don’t have to sign in each time. Not sure what’s going on there.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 01:32:06 pm »
To OP, why such emotion and drama over this?. I. too, have no issues opening Alexa app within iPhone and iPads. Maybe the new iOS upgrade is the issue  --  I have not installed it yet.  Anyway, once the alexa devices are set up, who needs to use the alexa app very often?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:44:50 am by mike27oct »

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:06:24 am »
Another Vote for less drama... My iPad is doing fine with the new updates... and the latest update on the Alexa and AMAZON apps... All updated in the last week or so if I remember right... but I check pretty often for updates on everything, so I think maybe you have a settings issue or a User issue going on there...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!